Indulge in a moment of self-care and romance with our luxurious Valentine's Day Foaming Sugar Scrub! Crafted with care and infused with love, our foaming sugar scrub is the perfect way to pamper your skin and delight your senses this Valentine's Day.
A sugar scrub is a type of exfoliating product that is used to remove dead skin cells and promote healthy skin renewal. It is typically made by combining granulated sugar with a moisturizing oil, such as coconut oil or olive oil, and sometimes scented with essential oils for added benefits.
But it's not just about the scrubs; it's about embracing a natural, non-toxic, fragrance- free lifestyle. In this blog we'll explore why sugar scrubs work wonders, guide you through our original recipe, and include variations you can make along the way to fit your preference.
How does it work?
The granulated sugar in a sugar scrub acts as a natural exfoliant, gently sloughing away dead skin cells and unclogging pores. This helps to reveal fresh, new skin and promote a more youthful appearance. The moisturizing oil in the scrub helps to hydrate and nourish the skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
Why are sugar scrubs good for you?
There are several reasons why sugar scrubs are good for your skin:
1. Exfoliation: Regular exfoliation is essential for maintaining healthy skin. By removing dead skin cells, sugar scrubs help to prevent clogged pores, breakouts, and dullness.
2. Hydration: The moisturizing oil in sugar scrubs helps to hydrate and nourish the skin, leaving it feeling soft and supple. This is especially beneficial for those with dry or dehydrated skin.
3. Improved circulation: When you massage a sugar scrub onto your skin, it stimulates blood flow to the surface, which can help to improve circulation and give your complexion a healthy glow.
4. Stress relief: The act of massaging a sugar scrub onto your skin can be incredibly relaxing and therapeutic. It can help to reduce stress and promote a sense of well-being.
5. Natural ingredients: Most sugar scrubs are made with natural ingredients, making them a safer and more eco-friendly option compared to some other skincare products on the market.
Overall, incorporating a sugar scrub into your hygiene routine can have numerous benefits for your skin. It can help to exfoliate, hydrate, improve circulation, and provide a moment of relaxation in your day. So why not give it a try and see the difference it can make for your skin?Printable Recipe
DIY Valentine's Day Foaming Sugar Scrub Recipe
Time: 60 minutes
Quantity: 500 grams
- Water - 6%
- Glycerin - 10%
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - 7%
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate - 11.5%
- Cocamidopropyl betaine - 4%
- Stearic Acid - 5%
Phase D (cooldown)
- Beetroot Powder - 2%
- Raspberry Seed Oil - 3%
- Essential Oils - 1%
- Lavender Oil - 0.48%
- Rose Oil - 0.02%
- Geranium Oil - 0.50%
- Euxyl® K 903 (preservative) - 0.50%
- Sugar - 50%
- Phase A: Measure water into a heat-resistant container or beaker.
- Phase B: In a separate beaker, combine Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, and Cocamidopropyl betaine. Ensure proper safety precautions by wearing a respirator to protect against potential irritation from Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) inhalation. Gently mix Phase B until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Set aside for later use.
- Phase C: Incorporate the Stearic Acid into a medium to large heat-resistant mixing bowl, which will serve as the primary vessel for combining all ingredients later on.
- Place Phase A, B, and C in a water bath at medium to low heat. While heating, ensure to mix Phase B gently to avoid clumping or uneven distribution.
- Once the Stearic Acid has melted, remove all containers from the water bath. Begin by adding Phase A to Phase C and blend the mixture thoroughly using a hand mixer. Next, incorporate Phase B into the combined mixture of Phases A and C.
- Phase D (cooldown): Once the mixture has cooled down to around 40°C, add Beetroot Powder, Raspberry Seed Oil, Essential Oils (Lavender, Rose, Geranium), Euxyl® K 903 (preservative), and Sugar. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour the formulation into sterilized containers and allow it to cool completely before sealing.
Tools and Ingredients:
Find all tools and ingredients here.
How to use
- Apply the scrub to dry skin in gentle, circular motions.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water to reveal soft and smooth skin.
- Use 1-2 times a week for optimal results.
Store your Foaming Sugar Scrub in a sealed container in a cool, dry place. For best results, use within 3 months.
Now, you're ready to enjoy the benefits of your homemade sugar scrub! Pamper your skin with this luxurious blend of natural ingredients, and embrace the glow. Happy crafting!
In conclusion, Foaming sugar scrubs are a fantastic way to exfoliate and nourish your skin at home. By using natural ingredients you can create a personalized scrub that suits your skin's needs. Whether you have dry, oily, or sensitive skin, there is a sugar scrub recipe out there for you.
If you have allergies or sensitivities to certain chemicals or fragrances, this recipe will be a great DIY for you. By making your own sugar scrubs, you can avoid potentially harmful ingredients and customize the scent and texture to your liking.