Did you know that damage from the sun is cumulative over time? The rays of sunlight that feel so good on a hot day can also be harmful to your skin. What is more deceiving are the UV rays that we are unaware of on even the cloudiest of days.
Over time, unprotected exposure from the sun can cause wrinkles, discoloration and other signs of aging. Or even worse, it can lead to skin cancer. If you are not careful with your exposure to the sun, these effects will start showing up sooner than you think.
Sun damage is caused by ultraviolet rays attacking your skin on a cellular level. To prevent this from happening and keep your skin looking young and healthy for as long as possible, it is important that you take sufficient precautions by following these 3 simple sun protection tips:
Protect your skin with sunscreen everyday.
Sunscreen is the number one thing that can protect your skin from harmful UV rays. It is important to apply sunscreen every day. It's often tempting to skip this part of your daily skincare routine. Especially if you peak outside and see clouds on the horizon. However, the fact of the matter is that ultraviolet rays can penetrate through the clouds and cause serious damage.
Our number one recommendation is to find a sunscreen or mineral cream that you can use everyday to protect your skin from the sun. Need somewhere to start? Sanbe has a mineral cream that uses natural ingredients that fight against sun damage and sunburns! The mineral cream also doubles as a primer. This is the perfect last step of a morning face routine before you step out of the house.
Another brand that we love is Little Hands Hawaii. They have sunscreens, mineral creams, and face sticks safe for the whole family... and safe for the coral if you're planning to take a dip into the ocean!
Apply sunscreen or mineral cream liberally and frequently.
The skin on your face is the most sensitive and fragile. Sun protection is imperative to prevent sunburns and other damage especially on the delicate skin on your face. For the best protection, apply sunscreen or mineral cream liberally and frequently.
The best time to apply sun protection is 30 minutes before you go out into the sun. This gives your sunscreen time to properly settle onto you skin. The next important thing to remember is that you should be reapplying every two hours. Especially after sweating, swimming, and after spending time in the sun.
Don't rely on sunscreen alone.
The last sun protection tip is to not rely on sunscreen alone. Sunscreen and mineral creams are important in preventing skin damage, but they can only do so much.
A sunscreen has a SPF of 30 or higher can decrease your risk of skin cancer by 75% but it still leaves you exposed to 25%. There are different types of sunscreens that have higher SPF levels, but those don't provide 100% protection either.
Wearing protective clothing and limiting time spent in direct sunlight during peak hours (10am-2pm), you will be better protected from damaging UV rays. So don't forget your shades and cute hat before stepping out into the sun.
These three simple sun protection tips can ensure that you are keeping your skin safe from unwanted wrinkles, spots, and sun damage.
“Sanbe Beauty’s Mineral Cream is a gentle, antioxidant-rich day cream that protects your skin from harsh environmental stressors.
The Mineral Cream is a mediumweight, minimal-white cast leaving formula that’s charged with pomegranate seed oil extract and antioxidants to fight against the free radicals so you don’t turn pomegranate-red.”
Sanbe Beauty’s Mineral Cream is a gentle, antioxidant-rich day cream that protects your skin from harsh environmental stressors. The Mineral Cream is a medium weight, minimal-white cast leaving formula that’s charged with pomegranate seed oil extract and antioxidants to fight against the free radicals so you don’t turn pomegranate-red.