Let's talk about the SanBe Beauty Conditioner and the 21 Must-Have ingredients in it. We want to bring awareness to what’s in store-bought conditioners, and why you should consider to switch and ditch your synthetically filled conditioners to a natural plant-based conditioner.
We looked closer at one of the name brand conditioners for you and ran an EWG.org scale test.
Dove Nutritive Solutions Intensive Repair Conditioner (2016 formulation)
Sadly, we found a number of concerns within this product and hope you have the time to review them for yourself.
So, why are all these ingredients within most name brand products?
For someone on the other end of the counter, you might not understand why all these unspeakable ingredients end up in personal care products.
The only way we can describe this out of hand issue is; first, the FDA lacks in stricter regulations, and second, the cheaper the ingredients, the higher the profit.
This is why SanBe Beauty stands out. This new upcoming environmentally friendly company was created by two health-conscious moms, who set their priorities on eliminating every harsh or toxic chemical from their family’s lives.
With that in mind, they created personal care products that are not only organic but also affordable, and effective.
SANBE BEAUTY CONDITIONER LIST OF INGREDIENTS
The refreshing Lemongrass Conditioner from SanBe Beauty is not only gentle enough to use every day, but this conditioner is also loaded with volume-izing ingredients which are sure to leave your hair soft and healthy-looking.
We broke each ingredient down for you, so there are no more concerns about what goes on your skin.
NATURAL LEMONGRASS CONDITIONER - $15.00
1. Aloe Vera Juice - Aloe vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes that repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It also acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
2. Babassu Oil - Babassu oil is a plant-based oil rich in saturated fats. These fatty acids are anti-inflammatory, potentially immune-boosting, and moisturizing, making them great for your skin and hair.
3. Behentrimonium methosulfate - does not cause buildup, and is non-irritating to the scalp. It is a great co-washing ingredient, conditioner, and is actually derived from rapeseed.
4. Cetearyl Alcohol - is a mixture of fatty alcohols consisting predominantly of cetyl and stearyl alcohols found in plants, like Coconut oil. Cetearyl Alcohol is used in cosmetics as a stabilizer to thicken an emulsion and keep it from separating, and as a foaming agent.
5. Olive Oil- The abundance of antioxidants in extra virgin olive oil leaves the scalp healthier and may reduce the damage done by hair care products.
6. Apricot kernel oil - The linoleic acid in apricot kernel oil is a type of omega-6 fatty acid that research shows can help stimulate hair growth. Acting as an emollient, this fatty acid prevents evaporation, sealing moisture into your hair. This oil is also rich in vitamins E and A, which support healthy skin and promote skin repair.
7. Glycerin - is a colorless and odorless liquid that comes from plant sources. It is a humectant, which means it has the property of attracting water to itself.
8. Glyceryl Stearate - reduces the greasiness of oils used in certain cosmetics and personal care products, and is rated with a one at EWG.org
9. Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate is a natural, food-grade, emulsifier derived from the sodium salt of lactic acid and stearic acid. Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate offers unsurpassed skin moisturization and a smooth feel on application.
10. Chamomile Extract - is an effective natural solution for hair lice and dandruff. Besides, it also soothes the irritated scalp. It hydrates the scalp, thus eases the associated irritation and itching.
11. D, L-Panthenol - aka Pro-Vitamin B5, is a stable lit racemic mixture of D-Panthenol and L-Panthenol. The human body readily absorbs DL-Panthenol through the skin, and it rapidly converts D-Panthenol to Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), a natural constituent of healthy hair and a substance present in all living cells.
12. Vitamin E - may help support a healthy scalp and hair as it has natural antioxidant effects that could assist with maintaining hair growth. The vitamin's antioxidant properties could help reduce the amount of oxidative stress and free radicals that cause the hair follicle cells in a person's scalp to break down.
13. Rosemary essential oil - strengthens circulation. As a result, it could prevent hair follicles from being starved of blood supply, dying off, and leading to hair loss.
14. Vitamin C - is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect against the oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Also, your body needs vitamin C to create a protein known as collagen — an essential part of the hair structure. Vitamin C also helps your body absorb iron, a mineral necessary for hair growth.
15. Vitamin B3, aka Niacin - can lock in moisture, niacin can help prevent dry hair and the development of dandruff. More specifically, niacin has been shown in clinical studies to target DNA repair, which could include any potential DNA damage concerning your scalp and hair.
16. Vitamin B5 - for hair, it helps prevent moisture loss and helps to smooth the cuticle of each strand. It does this while conditioning the scalp and preventing dryness. That's because Pro-Vitamin B5 has an excellent ability to bond to the hair, and adds more structure to each strand by adding layers of resilience and strength.
17. Vitamin B6 helps regulate the levels of these two crucial mood-boosting hormones, thereby reducing mental stress while also increasing the flow of blood to the scalp and hair follicles. This supplementary effect of vitamin B6 helps ensure optimum hair growth.
18. Propanediol - is a glycol that can enhance the absorption of ingredients (such as salicylic acid) into the skin. Propanediol can be derived naturally from corn. It has hydrating properties that may leave a smooth, dewy finish. Propanediol is a well-tolerated ingredient, not likely to cause sensitivity.
19. Ethylhexylglycerin - serves as a surfactant and preserving enhancer and acts as a safe preservative in minute amounts. It's a proven preservative-enhancer and is often used instead of controversial parabens. Ethylhexylglycerin has a 1 rating at EWG.org.
20. Potassium sorbate - is a man-made preservative that is a gentle alternative to ingredients that we avoid in all formulas, such as parabens, methylisothiazolinone (MIT), and phthalates. It is allowed in organic certifications, and the FDA classifies it as safe for use in cosmetics. Potassium sorbate is a salt of sorbic acid, which is naturally found in some fruits.
21. Essential oils - is a highly concentrated and potent extract from plants, leaves, flowers, roots, buds, twigs, rhizomes, heartwood, bark, resin, seeds, and fruits. Essential oils are antibacterial and create a conducive environment on your scalp for healthy hair growth. It strengthens hair follicles, adds shine, relieving scalp irritation and itchiness, and reducing dandruff.
We genuinely hope to trigger curiosity within each person that reads this post. You made it this far into the article, which shows us your intentions are good, and you are trying to eliminate, or at least educate yourself about all the different products out there.
Choose wisely and read your labels.
xo Betty J.
Our favorite combo
Shampoo & Conditioner